At placement, the new owner(s) must agree to certain terms and conditions. Unless the new owner(s) sign the contract, GReAT cannot leave the greyhound.
The following is GReAT’s adoption contract.
I herewith donate the sum of $285.00 to Greyhound Rescue Adoption Team, Inc. for the furtherance of its good work, and fully understand this donation is non-refundable.
I acknowledge receiving custody of the above described animal from Greyhound Rescue Adoption Team, Inc. and I do solemnly promise:
- I will comply with all laws and ordinances applicable to said animal in force in the area in which I reside.
- I will keep said animal on a leash or in a fenced yard AT ALL TIMES when outdoors.
- I will report to GReAT, Inc. immediately if the animal is lost, stolen or deceased.
- I will notify Greyhound Rescue Adoption Team, Inc. if, at any time, for whatever reason I desire to relinquish custody of said animal. The dog will be returned to GReAT, Inc. for re-placement in a new home.
- I will keep said animal solely as a pet, and never allow it to be used for laboratory research or dog racing.
- I will maintain said animal in good health, including keeping all vaccinations current, administration of heartworm preventative, parasite control and will provide overall good care for the life of the animal.
- I hereby acknowledge that Greyhound Rescue Adoption Team, Inc. has made no representations or warranties whatsoever concerning the animal received by me. I further agree to indemnify, defend and hold Greyhound Rescue Adoption Team, Inc. blameless from and against any all costs, expenses, claims, including, without limitations, injuries or death to persons or damages to property and reasonable attorney fees.